Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to take my 10 year old son camping and fishing tomorrow. I want to explore a new area with him, yet not too far from Issaquah.:dunno Someone at work mentioned this area. Any suggestions either there or closer to home. We've been to the Denny Creek area and Cle Elum, so I'm looking for some other ideas.

Paladin

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

There is a nice campground where the Troublesome runs in at and you can fish that creek and the river But be careful. The river is closed from Bear creek Falls up stream to Deer falls. Bear Creek falls are about 1/4 to 1/2 mile above the campground.And be sure to check the regs for that river. But be careful because that little creek can really get moving some times.

Jim

·
Registered
953 Posts
Taneum Campground on Taneum Creek is ideal for kids. (1) The creek is big enough to have fun but small enough that noone gets in trouble. (2) You ford the creek to get to the campground (kids love this). (3) It's on the east slope of the Cascades so the weather is usually good. (4) Two hours from Seattle. (5) The stream is loaded with Cutthroat which respond well to a #14 Elk Hair Caddis. As always the best fishing is farther away from the road, but there are plenty of spots along with road with fish.

The creek runs out of the foothills and under I-5 just after Elk Heights Road. There is a signed exit from the freeway between CleElum and Thorp.

The campground has 10-12 spaces, running water and central outhouses. There is a daily fee. It is first come, first served. Am up there for a weekend or two with my wife and two kids each August.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.