Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets try to get an Idea what date would work best to do a float from Sultan to Ben Howard. I'm thinking either the 1st or 2nd weekend in Feburary, That way if there is going to be any type of Winter Run, they have some time to show up for the occasion. Please post the date that works best for you, that way we can set a date in the next week or so. Our only concern after the date is set is hoping that the sky doesn't open up and get the river up to 10,000 CFS the day before we float:beathead

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It sounded like we had some solid intrest in the trip, if not, my bad. I'm still working on the upper river float, is anyone interested in this?:dunno

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Mtlhead,

I have never fished the Skykomish, and am open to trying it! I have a pontoon boat and have floated the Skagit, and Stilly, however, I would be extremely greatful to be able to tag along with a group! I am between the novice/intermediate level and always looking for someone to show me the ropes...even a few strands! I am game for any float...name a date (preferably a weekend), tell me what to bring, and give me directions from Bellingham...I am there!!

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
I'm interested, have a 8' FishCat rated for river travel, but have never drifted in it. I guess that's what my PFD is for...right? I can't do the 8th or 9th due to overtime duty.
Roper,

Truth above all

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
Mtlhead,
I'm interested in whichever float would be best for a novice. I can't do the first weekend in February, so I would vote for the second weekend or later in February.

I have an 8 foot pontoon boat, but haven't floated the Sky before. I think its rated up to a class III, but hope there won't be anything too challenging to navigate. I have done some rafting, but have only used my pontoon boat on lakes so far.

Bill

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My wife floated the the lower end (below Sultan)with me her 2nd time in a pontoon boat, so I know that for anyone that has spent time in anything with oars, it will be a fun trip with nothing to wory about. I'm hoping that we get some more responce by Sunday, I'd like to lock the date in, but want everyone to have the chance to reply. Even if we wait for the 3rd weekend, it wouldn't hurt, I know that the 2nd won't work for Roper. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.:thumb

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
The thrill is not in the kill---But to let them go.

Well if they ever settle on a date to do it on and they start at Big Eddy on the Sky. To get there is easy. Just two roads to travel. Take I-5 and head South,when you get to Everett take Hiway 2 and go East. Just stay on that road until you get to the bridge that crosses the Skykomish River. You will pass thru several small towns,Monroe,Sultan,Startup,and Gold Bar. Just out of Gold Bar you will cross the river and there is the area for the boat launch.On the right side of the road.

I could of PMed you but if anybody else doesn't know where it is at this will let you all know how to get there.

Jim

·
Banned
92 Posts
I am still interested in the float. Post or send PM as to when (hopefully I won't be in Canada climbing). Its a weird winter. Ice is not forming up to climb, skiing is good but could be better and the fishing seems to be bust, so a nice float regardless of fish would be fun.
Send a PM if you are going or email me. I believe I posted my address on the high bridge thread
Sisu, its what America needs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.