Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally there seem to be some winter fish showing. My partner and I had three hookups on Saturday, with two landed. I hit this nice 36 inch buck and Steve (silent observer of this board) had an equal size hen. I also lost another buck after a few seconds.

We witnessed some gear guys catching fish too, all natives. The fish seemed pretty spread out: we got one at Buck Island and one up high near Startup. Both happened to come on heavy purple leeches. The water is in great shape.

Here's a low-res pic for those who are interested. I think this is the first Sky winter fish posted this year? If so, that should help my street cred.

Circlespey

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We also fished Sunday wth nary a pull, although we saw one fish landed (and bonked) on gear. On Saturday we saw some gear guys land a nice wild hen and release it; I told them they were my heros. The same trio claimed to have just released a 20 lb plus buck, but that was before we got there. I haven't seen a really big fish like that out of the Sky in a few years.

Circlespey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.