Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be old---but I'm good.

Did my thing today. Went up and fished the Sky headwaters. Started out on the N/fork and my luck was still the same. Had only one hit on the N/fork. That sucked so I drove over Jacks Pass and came down on the Beckler. I think that I could pee faster than it was running. Went up the Rapid fished a little bit saw no fish. Left to go try out the Foss.

Fished the East Fork at a place that I know of. Tried three different flies. I've always have caught fish out of this hole. I tried a fly that I tied up,a size 16 compara dun. It worked caught two. One 6" and One 15". The 15 "er was a blast,it jumped three to four times and wouldn't come in so I let it run. It soon got tired and then I was bringing it in,got ready to pick it up and it came off the hook. Good thing because I would have released it anyway.

I guess I got tired after that so went and set out to come home. But I had to explore just a little bit. Checked out the Tye,the Miller both forks. If I had someone with me I would have stopped to fish. But I don't like to crash thru bushes by myself.

All in all I could say that it was a good day and I think that my bad luck is starting to change.

Jim

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might be old---but I'm good.

It used to good for rainbows in the 12" to 15" class also a few cutts. I haven't fished it in a few years. Due to I don't like bushwacking by myself. In order to fish this river you have to get off the beaten path.Well the road is only close to the river where it crosses the bridge. So in order to fish it properly you have to crash the bushes.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.