Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, anybody want to get over to the skykomish tomorrow, sunday? Being new to the area i had moved down from AK, in April, and was thinking of going for catch & release steelies on the sky, sunday, June 12th. It will be my first trip out. I'm Danny, I'm 53 and just wanted to check on directions from Kent. I've yet to buy any maps but I should have. I've been low on money and can't really afford to fish while looking for a job but i really feel the urge to throw the gear on. I take 405 to 520 east, then 202 south into the town of fall city or nearby?

I have the fishing regs but just wondering if that's the shortest route. If anyone knows the fishing well that might like to go I wouldn't mind sharing the day with someone and I would be happy to drive us there. I also love to duck hunt but if no takers, i'm sure I'll find the place and hopefully hook a few.
Thanks

·
Always an Adventure
59 Posts
I think HW 405 to Monroe, then up HW 2 to the river would be faster. You can always stop by the Sultan Bakery for a great, hardy, rib sticking breakfast and coffee. Their Bear Claws are world famous. What time are you heading to the Sky?

·
Just an Old Man
35,204 Posts
I think HW 405 to Monroe, then up HW 2 to the river would be faster. You can always stop by the Sultan Bakery for a great, hardy, rib sticking breakfast and coffee. Their Bear Claws are world famous. What time are you heading to the Sky?
405 doesn't go to Monroe. You can take to about as far as Woodinville area and then take 522 to Monroe and then Hiway 2 to Skykomish. But as somebody has mentioned the river is on the high side.

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanks for all your help guys. Please know i'll be sure and stop at that bakery. i do apologize but i decided not to go only because do to the fact that I woke up a bit depressed because im flat broke. going fishing and not stopping to relax and eat sucks. I've felt like this for a while. my income is gone by the 3rd of each month until I find a job. I have an interview on Monday, so hopefully it will go well. If so, then I should be working by next week the company says...I really wanted to head out but just felt since i also need to save my full tank of gas for the rest of the month. Had i even 20.00 I would have taken off.

I'll hit it and will give ya guys a report when i do go. Thanks again.

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when i looked above from google earth, there seems to be some good stretches of gravel bars. Makes me think I should have picked Redmond, to live in or up there. it's even a closer drive to seattle than where i'm at in Kent. I was hoping for a job at seatac as i have many yrs exp working in travel but I also picked Kent due to the warehousing they have here. you guys have a short drive and your in fishing heaven. Best of luck to all.

·
Resident Swinger
1,773 Posts
Too bad you didn't make it out. Seems like the age-old dilemma except for a few lucky souls: have money and no time to fish, or no money but can't afford to go.

Just make sure when you do go to stop by Sultan Bakery, their buttermilk bar donuts make a skunkin' worth the drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.