Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand he's into bamboo, too.

Here's Eric's "Slowhand Special" bamboo rod from Niemera Fly Rods ...

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
He is in the rock n roll hall of fame 3 times? Played lead guitar on a beatles song, and has many more accolades.
Ya his life is good.

Reactions: 4357

·
Banned
1,366 Posts
That's a heck of the kype (on the fish). I know Clapton's great and all, but never did much for me, after Cream folded. Not at all a fan of Derek and the Dominoes or his solo stuff. I am awful hard on guitar heroes, though - I'm just as critical about my favorite guitarist, Pete Townshend, who hasn't done shit since Quadrophenia. I don't know if Pete fly fishes, so I'll put a "plus" in Clapton's tally.

·
Anywhere ~ Anytime
1,613 Posts
28 pound Hookbill (regardless of who caught it) yet Iceland is "Land of the Grilse". TWENTY EIGHT F'ING POUNDS

Agree, Crème was my favorite material of his as well. The man has had his (and more) personal tragedy.. if he finds solice on international fly fishing venues ..good for him.

·
"Ride'n Dirty."
1,631 Posts
Horrible that his son died in that fall. Good for him on anything he gets.
He fly fishes and put out great music A++ from me.
B.

·
Formerly tbc1415
3,179 Posts
Glad he's still fishing. In his autobiography he stated that spending time alone fishing played a key role in getting his shit together and overcoming a lifetime of self abuse.

TC

·
Registered
483 Posts
This is the second photo I've seen of Clapton with a big Atlantic salmon....the first was in County Galway, Ireland, in the Ballynahinch Castle drying room, July 1993.

·
Senior Moment
5,472 Posts
Big fan. Not a uber musical critic, but I know Eric has achieved a "Most Exalted" status that only a small handful have. My gosh, the guys (& Bonnie) that he's played with. And the times he has had, good and bad. Would enjoy fishing with him, and campfire tunes and stories. Maybe after I win the Powerball.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.