Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody drift small jigs for steelhead under a float?

If so do you pour your own or where can you find small pre poured jigs on reliable hooks?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sport Co or outdoor emporium usually good small jig heads. Gamagatzu, owner. Etc. Some fly shops might carry them too. Smallest your going to find is 1/16 or 1/32 oZ

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,857 Posts
Ted Sports Center has 1/16 oz jig heads on Mustad 2X strong hooks.
Very reasonably priced.
SF

·
282 Posts
I tie crappie jigs on 1/64, 1/80 and 1/100 jigs. You can custom order what ever size/type hook you want. I use a red sickle hook in size 8 and 10. They are super sticky and hold up really well for their small size. I've caught 3 to4 lb bass on the 1/64 size 8. Usually the material falls off before the hook or lead fails. I think my last order was 100 1/64 and 100 1/80 and it was under 20 bucks. At that price and being able to custom order it makes more sense than to pour my own. Also painting them is super easy. The powder paint is pretty cheap and you just hit the jig head with a lighter for a few seconds and dip it in the powder, 30 sec later its good to go. If you want the guy's info I order from send me a pm.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
I have a source for completely finished jigs in my neighborhood. He does a good job and isnt overly priced. I choose size ,colors and material length. Puyallup area.
A steelhead on a jig is a wrist snapping takedown, almost as good as a spoon smashing steelhead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.