Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just registered for this forum today and this is my first post.

I am thinking about fishing the Skeena Tribs out of Smithers this coming fall of 2003. I am from the Midwest (Minneapolis) and am having a difficult time interesting my fishing buddies in a 2000 mile jaunt to fish Steelhead.

If there is someone or group that would be interested in putting together a trip to Smithers, I can share costs in terms of accomodations, gas, food etc. etc.

I have fished this area before (Babine), but in no way could I guide. I have fly fished for Steelies for 25 years however in B.C. and Alaska.

I'll attach a Pic of a Steelie I caught on the Babine in 88 on a #4 Dry Fly. - 22 3/4 lbs. 39" x 20"

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Keep in touch because I've been thinking about wandering up that way this summer or fall. I know something about the Skeena (got a 50 lb. 6 oz. Chinook from the Remo bar)
and a few other nice little places. I'm 66, a nice guy with a small sense of humor, and a fly fisherman to the core, but I might break down if you pull gear first. Always wanted to fish the Kispiox, Babine, Morice, Bulkley, and other tribs. Got truck and trailer and will travel. Send me an e-mail if interested.
Bob :thumb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.