Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody-

After fishing the Snohomish on Monday and having incredible fish all day long I could not pass up the opportunity on going out there again today.

This is a big statement: If you live within an hour of the river you NEED to get out there. During extreme daylight I was streaming a muddler and drilling searuns consistently. Once 7 o'clock hit I was able to tie on my lucky humpy. Lookout! Those fish would not stay off it, eventually shredding the body to look like a centipede once again.

Get out there!!!

·
Old School Member
830 Posts
:HMMM Sounds like the same old wild goose chase...I've tried under the 522 bridge and access is rather limited. The west bank is private property and the east bank is a hike through "questionable" territory to a very large slow deep pool...
If you got any hints on where to get in I would be much obliged...

Catch and release of course...

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I might be old---but I'm good.

Has anybody tried that new road between Snohomish and Lowell. The one that washes out every few years. They add a few pull out spots there and at that big gouged out area.

Jim

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
it's totally wadable right now. Been to Thomas Eddy a few times, It's about an 1/4 mile easy hike to the water. The river is deep and slow. A small boat and a electic trolling motor would even work. Launch at lowell, it could be done.(I think?) I'm really thinking about going tomorrow. Hope to see a few of ya there.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I might be old---but I'm good.

Ok. I guess that I'm new. All the times that I've been to Thomas Eddy it was way to deep to wade unless you are on the other side. And if you are on the other sode the only way that I know how to get there is thru that park off of Springetti road. Unless you walk down thru that farmers field along the top of the ****.

Jim

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

Well I'm not to sure but if you walk the **** down river from Thomas Eddy you will find wadeable water. It's been a few years since I've been down that way. Also the Lowell river road has a few access spots along side of the river. But being as you are closer to Everett it is not wadeable.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i grew up in snohomish, graduated from shs 1976. thomas' eddy would be the only wader friendly place i can think of, except for a bar or two above or below the eddy. most of the river is deep, bank or boat fishing. boat access is langus park, marysville, snohomish, thomas' eddy. one of my fond memories as a kid was fishing with nightcrawlers, and saving the bullheads/sculpins that we caught for fishing after dark. cut a fillet off a sculpin, and thread it on the hook. after dark this outfished nightcrawlers 3 to 1. if i had a boat i'd start at the eddy, lord hill side, and drift down to the maple street boat launch in snohomish. if you have the day, maybe as far as lowell. or launch at langus or marysville during an incoming tide, fish it up stream till it changes then downstream on the outgoing, back to the launch. by the way the snohomish is influenced by the tide from its mouth to the confluence of the skykomish/snoqualmie. an incoming is the best tide to fish. there is also a walking trail from langus park to spencer island that may provide some bank access. don't forget the main stilly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.