Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Old School Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can anybody give me some "rules of engagement" for casting to pink salmon on the Snohomish. Last year I hooked into more of these humpies than I could count but I was ignorant of how to go after them...

I found them "porposing" in a shallow run ( 3 ft of water) I dead drifted pink marabou flies with good success, but unfortunately, I foul hooked a good number of them. How do I prevent that? How do I avoid fishing directly over spawning redds? I released all of these scrappy fighters. Also found some dolly/bulltrout following the salmon.

Will pinks rise to a dry fly? Please clue me in

-Piscean:dunno

· Old School Member
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Early september I found them in the lower Snohomish. It was an even year so the run was "puny" compared to an odd year...But there were plenty in there to cast to...

Most of my Humpy flies are upside down dumbell eye patterns...But the tip about dull hooks and being slow to set the hook are helpful. I found a current seam and as mentioned that is where the takers were swimming...

Thanks for the on topic responses...as for the salt digressions that another thread folks....

-Piscean

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.