Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
229 Posts
As I posted recently I had a fish I was keeping in an aquariam that jumped out and lost ALL of his "slime" and survived. It has always been my hunch that it is not as critical as people have made it out to be.

I am no biologist, but I was under the impression that it's main function is preventing parasites and disease. It is certainly the case that removing the slime makes them more vulnurable to disease, and that this would have a long term effect on the fish - not something you would see in a half hour of watching.

While not something desirable, chances are it's not going to kill the fish.

That said, I NEVER take any pictures like the one you had because to many people would flick me crap about it when I used to. :BIGSMILE

· Registered
229 Posts
I agree, a nice picture. Well framed and composed. Must be a custom built rod?

I have been leaving the fish in the water and throwing my rod in with it. The difference is slight, and sometimes the fish is uncooparative, but it can make for some nice pictures and I recieve no complaints :BIGSMILE

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.