Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So much for the S river thing! I think OMJ and I started that eons ago!

Fished the last few weeks below Fall City and above High Bridge. Yes that is a lot of water and a lot of water I have covered.

There are a few, and very few cutts showing. A couple of steelhead have reared their heads! River conditions are low but not overly clear. Conditions are close to perfect for how I like to fish.

The last couple of weeks the little cutts, 5 to 7 inch variety and smolts were everywhere. Today they were gone and presumably heading down river. Saw a very few bigger fish come up and saw one very nice BIG fish come up, probably a steelhead but had the profile of a salmon. Beats Me!! It's way too early for Salmon in the system. Hooked up with one larger fish, didn't see it but for a good swirl. It had some weight and un buttoned in 20 to 30 seconds. I should have had it to hand but the little tykes over the last few weeks had lulled my reflexes. About a mile or so down river from that fish saw a decent fish come up and took something on the surface or just gave my pardner and I the proverbial middle fin. We pounded the water and NADA.

It seems there are a few fish around but they are also few and far between.

Dave

·
1,411 Posts
Thanks for the report Dave.
I've always enjoyed fishing downstream of the H-Bridge and you're right, the low water accessibility is a plus this time of the year which makes wading in shorts much more bearable/enjoyable..

Good luck!

Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.