Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,

I am actually about to head to yet another midterm here at the UW, and something tells me it isn't gonna o so well...too much fly fishing perhaps???? :YUM

But i think i know the cure all, more flyfishing..hehe :THUMBSUP

No time for a trip over to the Yak or any eastern side lake such as lenice or dry falls. We are talking throwing dry flies to those attractor thrashing 8-10 inch cuts and bows that lurk in the upper snoqualmie forks :EEK

On that note...how have they been fishing lately? Pretty much lived on those forks earlier in the year but haven't been out there since late summer. Any info is more than appreciated, prolly just the same ol stuff to slay 'em...gotta love that resource so close to home :LOVEIT

Have a good weekend everyone

Fly For Fun

PS - Due to my lack of sleep and intense studying the last few nights... i am kinda out of it. Am i perhaps one day too late. Just remembered that it is nov. 1. :ANGRY :SAD Is this going to pose a problem. If so, isn't the middle fork open year round? Just wanted to be sure.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

Every thing is open year around. Most of the people on this site don't keep anything that they catch on the forks. So for them and me it is open year around. I know it's hard to deciper what the regs say but if you learn to read them you can cut thru all of the garbage.

Say Chris how low is the S/F. Just want to know.

Jim

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thaks guys, dunno if i woulda caught that little detail in the regs. I am a c&r kinda guy so i look forward to going out there.

Now that we have determined that it is a legal fishery at the moment...has it in fact been fishing well(any fork really)?

Chris, you mentioned low water in the s/f...not TOO low i hope.

Fly For Fun

·
Be the guide...
5,190 Posts
Personally, I'd stick with the middle fork. But like the south fork, it is turning into a deep pool kind of fishery. The bite has died down pretty well with the cold weather, but if you time it right - probably between 11 and 4:30, you may find some good dry action. But don't be aftraid to try stripping a bugger in some of those pools or trying a little nymphing. Better yet, try fishing a dry with a dropper. Let us know how you do!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was out at my usual spot at the Middle Fork on Wednesday. It was very cold the night before, so I'm hoping that's why I didn't get even one bite. Probably just lack of skills for challenging conditions.

That's definitely not what I'm used to on the Middle Fork. Especially this fall, as the fishing has been incredible. I was there on Monday and had great luck.

I did see one very large fish (for the Snoqualmie) rise that day. Just not to my fly.

I don' t want to discourage you from going. I may go at some point this weekend, too. No fish can't ruin a day on the Snoqualmie.

To sum up...I was skunked, and on my birthday. Those fish don't care much about things like that I guess.

T Dub

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.