Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
i am going up on the snoqualmie tomorrwo to do some exploring and just looking around. I know themiddle fork is open now except for taylor and pratt, but when i was looking at the regs i noticed the north and south forks are open NOv. 1- May 31 as catch and release. Is this right? i always thought they were closed this type of year. I still might do a little fishing so what would be some good options? i doubt there would be any dry fly stuff now so is it all nymphs and streamers?
thanks,
joe

·
Whammo!
494 Posts
You are correct Sir,

The South Fork is open and there is not much of a dry fly hatch to be seen. I live up on the SF and fished it a few days ago and had some decent success with Hares Ear Nymph and Copper John Nymph. The fish are not very active right now at all and most of my hook ups have been coming in the tail outs and deep pools. The water levels are th SF are decent now as well so go have some fun!!

Mike
:beer2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.