Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished some of the tributaries in the backcountry that feed into the North Fork of the Snoqualmie back in the beginning of June. In about a 5-hour span, had excellent success using various Mayfly's and an Elk Haired Caddis. After a couple weeks of slow fishing on the Sultan, I have to head back up and get some fish on the line before the weather gets bad during the middle of next week. I was wondering what hatch has gone off and some fly's that have generated some success for any of you up in that neck of the woods.

·
Be the guide...
5,190 Posts
Elk Hair caddis, parachute adams, royal wolff - all you really need on the forks of the snoqualmie. If they aren't taking the dry well, put on a dropper - hairs ear nymphs work great.

Check your map and the regs closely up on the NF. Many of the tribs are closed waters. Sunday creek among them. You cross this pretty little creek way up the road and it looks very inviting. But like several others - it's closed. If you don't know what the name of the creek is you are fishing and\or dont' know the regs - don't fish it.

On another note - the main NF should be more fishable and productive than the tribs now anyway.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.