Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the first snow of the season last night. Got about an inch here in Dillon. Temp is 28 degrees. After looking at the weather page, it is snowing in just about all of Montana. And it's heading west. The roads are clear.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Actually it's late this year, usually get a skiff or two in September at these higher elevations.
Stuck my finger out the window....think it's headed east. May is just around the corner.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Just made my morning call to Sis - 24 degrees & snow on the grass in Anaconda. Looks like a couple inches in Butte, on Homestake & MacDonald Passes. I told Sis "Just to make you feel better, I'm going to clean-up some leaves and then mow." She told me that I wasn't funny . . . but that she still loves me . . .

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Just made my morning call to Sis - 24 degrees & snow on the grass in Anaconda. Looks like a couple inches in Butte, on Homestake & MacDonald Passes. I told Sis "Just to make you feel better, I'm going to clean-up some leaves and then mow." She told me that I wasn't funny . . . but that she still loves me . . .
That has to be a plus, Jim. :D

Reactions: Jim F.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
I've a huge pine in the front that I've named "Borg." Don't matter the time of year, that dang tree is always dropping something. Resistance is futile.
Reminds me of my neighbors' monster Sycamore - the "Tree of Giant Leaves & Seed Pods." I won't type what I call that one out of respect for the more sensitive WFF members . . .

·
Banned
10,660 Posts
Actually it's late this year, usually get a skiff or two in September at these higher elevations.
Umm, the mnts around SW Montana got snow this year in August and Sept. This is like our 3rd or 4th storm already.

We got 20"+ last week and a foot yesterday (in the mtns of course.)

Keep it coming. This is setting up to be a banner year for the powder snobs.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
That only counts if you put-up a real tree that you hauled out of the woods yourself. Bonus points if a squirrel, porcupine or inactive hornet nest is still in the tree. And go tobogganing - gotta include tobogganing.

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
I hate Christmas. My wife's kids all stand there with their hands out and if you don't spend a bundle on then they get pissed. Plus my wife's birthday is the 25th of December. It doesn't get any worse than that.
My wife's B-day is the 24th. I think that is gold because it keeps me from ever forgetting her birthday. Plus, I hate shopping, so this limits my exposure to that circus. As for Christmas, I do wish it wasn't so over-marketed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.