Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hogs are super tough!
Wood Bone Natural material Trunk Plant

When we skinned and butchered this guy we found a hole in his head from a previous encounter!
Looks to me like somebody had unleashed an arrow at him years before. Head shots are a big no-no for bow hunters.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where, when, how...we need details my good man...
Thanks for asking Roper! 20 miles west of Healsburg Ca. 3 years ago. He was running down a little hill I was sideways to him. 50# ACS CX bow, cedar arrow and 2 blade head, 15 yd shot.
There's that damn mutt photobombing my pic! Hahaha.
I shot the hog at dusk and the little guy found it in the morning.
For those that do not hunt; the blood around the snout is from the heart/lung shot-not from falling on his face.
Even with a heart/lung shot hogs will run as much as 100 yards before expiring.

Trophy hunting Hunting Deer hunting Plant Hat

·
livin' the dream
1,672 Posts
Thanks for asking Roper! 20 miles west of Healsburg Ca. 3 years ago. He was running down a little hill I was sideways to him. 50# ACS CX bow, cedar arrow and 2 blade head, 15 yd shot.
There's that damn mutt photobombing my pic! Hahaha.
I shot the hog at dusk and the little guy found it in the morning.
For those that do not hunt; the blood around the snout is from the heart/lung shot-not from falling on his face.
Even with a heart/lung shot hogs will run as much as 100 yards before expiring.

View attachment 134436
That's some rough terain out there, if you were where I believe you were. Nice hog.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
I lived in that area for a few months (Cloverdale, CA). Saw some big hogs, but could never wrangle permission to hunt anywhere. Nicely done, Bjorn! I'll just bet that critter was even more disgruntled than hogs normally are after that fool stuck an arrow in its skull & it ran around like a unicorn for a while . . .

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are in Ca right now getting our house ready for sale, haven't caught any fish so I'll post another pic from the same area. As Jersey commented the terrain is full of cliffs and stream beds-you are always side hilling. Healdsburg to the ocean is amazing hunting territory but access is hard to come by.
This has been the only day my son and I both got hogs......................
Military camouflage Camouflage Cargo pants Dog Marines

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.