Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering what's on your "TO DO" list for 2017? Do you have plans to buy a new boat? Plans to upgrade your current boat? Have you already made or are you going to make any purchases or upgrades for the new boat or associated gear/accessories for this year? Also, any noteworthy trips you plan or intend to plan to make for 2017? Any multi days or just lot of day trips or a combination of the above?

I myself am slowing accumulating the stuff to get my Cataraft together (in my sig is what I will have in the very near future, already have some of the things). The plan is to get comfortable on the new boat this year doing lots of day trips on weekends and then maybe a week off or two for a trip somewhere (still deciding on where, have a few ideas right now for the short range and long range for trips). Some whitewater trips, some fishing/boating trips, etc. Lots of ideas. Lots of day dreaming these days. Can't wait to get out on the new boat soon!

·
Registered
534 Posts
2 new Aire Bakraft Expedition IKs are in my hot little hands.

100% trips
IK Dirty Devil from Hanksville to Lake Powell coming up end of Feb, not sure if it counts as a river trip or lubricated hiking.

Donated a multiday trip on the Wallowa/GR for a fundraiser auction

Have a post season permit for late Sept MF Salmon

Belize for 2 weeks the end of June/early July which will involve canoe fishing in the jungle and kayak fishing around Glovers Atol

Hope to also do a couple over night laps on the upper NF Lewis in the IK
Maybe low water Illinois IK
Must must try to final get on the NF Crooked wild and scenic for a kayak trip (deep creek campground to the Paulina hwy) with all the snow this year, should flow great
Annual something on the Owyhee, hike in options dramatically increase what can be done now we have a couple of the Bakraft Expeditions

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
The new pram that Ross, Nomlasder built for me last summer is going to get a proper work out this year. Look under Pramella for pics of this beautiful boat.

Only got to put it in the water twice last year due to some personal issues but that will be made up for this year.

The hull has enough rocker to it and with a V-bottom it could possibly be used in some moving water that is fairly benign, like Plum landing to FallCity. It is very responsive and can turn on a dime. But before that can be considered some lake time is needed. Though I doubt I will ever put it in moving water as I prefer wading.

Dave

·
Registered
472 Posts
Permits for the Selway, Middle Fork, Main Salmon, and Rogue are in. I want to get a frame, thwarts, and dry boxes for my small raft this year, and I would like to buy a partner stove for my rafting kitchen. I've got 5 or 6 Lochsa trips lined up, hopefully a Clark Fork Alberton Gorge trip or two, maybe a Moyie trip, and maybe a Lower Salmon if none of the multiday permits hit.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Picking up a new Clackacraft Eddy 360 this spring.

I'd like to get a 2-speed winch for the boat trailer to make it easier to winch the boat onto the trailer at some of those steep take outs, but I've never had one of those types of winches before. If anyone has any recommendations for that type of winch, I'd appreciate it.

Not a boat, but related, I'm also getting a new Northern Lite truck camper this spring. I'll have to make some minor modifications to my truck to handle the camper, including getting an extended hitch bar to be able to tow my boat behind it.

John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.