Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Registered
4,837 Posts
I was home sick from school, watching cartoons. When the breaking news interrupted and gave the news I yelled " the president has been shot" to my mom who was in the kitchen with the neighbor lady. My mom said " that's not funny, don't say that". I told them to come listen, they both started sobbing. I remember it like it was yesterday.

· Custom Title
12,145 Posts
I was a sophomore in high school. We were at an assembly. I recall most of the nuns & girls crying. I took the original report at face value at that time, but after I was older that changed. I don't believe the "single-shooter" theory, nor do I believe that LHO made that shot.

· if it's not this, then what?
330 Posts
Read "Reclaiming History"by Vincent Bugliosi for the definitive account of what happened.I was in grade school and I remember them gathering us together in the cafeteria. All the girls were crying.Sad day for us all.
Same experience, I was in grade school, all students gathered to give the sad announcement and the girls were crying. Sad day.

· Registered
592 Posts
I was in eighth grade and it was about 10:00 and the Principal brought a television into the classroom and announced the president had been shot. I attended a Catholic School and since Kennedy was of the same denomination it seemed like a bigger impact on both the student and the nun's. I seem to remember they let us leave school early that day

· Registered
3,763 Posts
I was probably energy being stored in multiple other vessels just ready to be the smashed together to become the being that is I.

Either that or the King of [insert country here], which of course I was, like everyone else, in a former life.

I'm other words, I was not born for well over a decade after the assassination.

I like this forum, it makes me feel young again ;).

G

·
I was in 8th grade at St Michaels grade school in Canon City, Colorado. All the nuns were sobbing, even the nuns I was convinced were incapable of any emotion.

We all gathered in the gym/cafeteria for the announcement and were then sent home.

We were shocked. As Catholics in a Catholic school, JFK and the Kennedy family were seen as the epitome of America.

Back in the 1960s, the media hid the indiscretions of the Presidents.

Years later I was in College and a Journalism major. I signed up to attend a lecture by Bob Woodward. The lecture was cancelled and we were told he and his partner were working on a really big story.

Trapper

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.