Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Formerly Tight Loops
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I did chores on Saturday and watched the flows on the Sky dropping so I felt that Sunday was the ticket. I got up Sunday morning, saw the flows were up 2 feet from the previous morning, and I hung it up and took the dogs for a badly needed run at marymoor. They were happy, my wife was happy, but I was not too thrilled. Maybe I have earned some points for later in the season.

Tell me that I was wrong. How was the fishing this weekend?

Rob :CLOWN

Just cast, would you?!

· Ignored Member
12,138 Posts
Fished the upper Skagit sunday. Water was high but, good visiblity and fishable. Still lots of chum milling around. No steelhead. A few hatchery steelhead caught last week before the high water.

· Registered
364 Posts
Went to the cowlitz sunday for steelhead and the river was
really high and murky.Only two steelhead were caught out of 30 jetsled boats with at least 2 guys per boat from day light
until 11:30am and our boat had one of the steelhead a 7 pound hen.Used eggs and corkies because the river was to high and fast to get a fly any were near the bottom.You didn't
miss much as far as steelhead go.

P.S. Rain rain go away come again another day ( august ).

G

·
I went out Sunday just for a look see. Didn't like what I saw. The Pilchuck high and brown,the Sky very high. The only river that I saw that was fishable was the Sultan and there was a few brave souls fishing there at the boat launch. Does any body ever fish the Sultan? Jim S.:COOK

· Registered
4 Posts
Jim, thanks for the info. I was intent on fishing the Sauk and didn't figure out until last night that I was on the Suittle. I made an honest mistake. Thankfully I released the fish. I will be more careful with my regs next time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.