Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something to look forward to for all the basin fishermen!!

In November, the city council of Soap Lake, Wash., a 1,700-population town
that did a booming tourist business in the 1950s but has fallen on hard
times, voted the first step toward a revitalization that it believes will
draw visitors back in droves: a 60-foot-tall Lava lamp on Main Street. The
architect of the campaign, Brent Blake, said, "I just for some reason
thought of (a) lava lamp." Boston Globe, 12-1-02 :rofl

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
It must be something in the water...

Seriously, what has changed that there is little interest in the area any more? What used to make 'em come?

Roper,

Truth above all

·
Registered
11 Posts
The "healing properties of the water" used to make 'em come! Some folks think that soaking in the lake does you some good--from what I hear it used to be quite a destination for the elderly and new age types. What draws me there in the Winter?--a great place to stay at Soap Lake called the Tolo Vista (it's a cheap, clean place to stay and the guy who owns it knows a LOT about Rocky Ford--Dave fishes there almost daily!). I don't know if some mongo lava lamp will draw more people there, but I hope the town gets back on it's feet...

One thing that won't bring me back to Soap Lake: The "Reduced Price" chicken for sale at their grocery store. We ate some a few years back and spent the next few days worshipping the porcalin god...BEWARE!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I stayed at the Soap lake Inn a few years back with my girlfriend. She really loved the mineral water piped in from the lake in the jacuzzi/bathtub. It was a little pricey, but I got to fish during the day while she took in the scenery and enjoyed the jacuzzi at night.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The Everett Herald has a couple of articles about this. Todays copy had an artist's picture of a 60' tall lava lamp in the middle of town. Lets' see, that would make the joints about 12' long.:beer2

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything now seems to have a website.. http://www.giantlavalamp.com/

From the site- Paris has the Eiffel Tower, Seattle has the Space Needle and Soap Lake has the worlds largest Lava Lamp!

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
You fiv-o-niners are so lucky. Some of the better fishing spots and now a Lava Lamp.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.