Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[/QUOTE]
That is a fine lookin setter you have there.

No, I didn't have to wait very long. I picked the litter, and I told Ben Berg the traits I was looking for and he picked the pup for me since I live 1600 miles west.

So far, the pup is doing fine. I just last week sent him to puppy camp for 10 weeks to get some additional training and exposure to wild birds.

Did the same with this boy 8.5 years ago, and then hunted him hard every year on wild birds and let him figure the rest out on his own.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fall walleye fishing and eastern WA pheasant and quail hunting will be here before you know it. Anyone else getting pumped up? Start getting your gear and dogs ready!

Took the old boy out for a training run yesterday and again today in the p.m. after the daytime temps moderated. He is tired but happy. Sky Natural landscape Mountain Plant Mountainous landforms
Brown Cat Comfort Hat Carnivore

·
Registered
546 Posts
Zoom in and you can see the 11-month old pup is on point here on a covey of ...quail? ...chukars? The trainer didn't say. Photo taken this morning. He's at Robertson Kennels in Idaho getting some puppy camp learning.
My girl Daisy came from Roberson Kennels and was trained for a couple of months there. We are looking forward to this season

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.