Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

South Sound fishing

835 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DEREK 
G
#1 ·
I'm looking for advice on where to go trout fishing in the Olympia/Tumwater/Lacey area. I've done a fair bit of fishing in Central Oregon, Colorado and Montana and I'm looking for a place to steal away Sunday morning for a couple of hours, not a road trip to the Olympic Penninsula. Thanks for your help.

#3 ·
There are still SRCs moving up the Deschutes river, and there's plenty of close access if you're in this area. Levels should be down by Sunday so that's my suggestion. Check in with the guys at Streamside Anglers for tips and directions. I plan to be out there on Monday.

:smokin

#4 ·
The deschutes is a good recommendation, as is the nisqually at certain times. There are a lot of lakes in the area, but they are mostly maintained as put and take fisheries. My typical sunday morning trip is to the salt. I second the streamside anglers recommendation. They'll line you out on some good spots (the owner gives the weekly fly fishing recommendation in the olympian article mentioned above). If you want to know more about fishing the salt, come in sunday morning. I'll be there from 10 to 5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.