Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
fishin fool
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the morning and evening the last 2 days. Great fishing! A lot of fish showing at the 4 different beaches I hit. Caught some beautiful cutthroat on clousers, gurglers, and stimulators. The last hour before sunset yesterday was incredible fishing termite imitations. Usually my boots stay wet this time of year chasing coho but I have to say it has been really fun getting over that depression and getting out chasing these gorgeous fish!
Water Vertebrate Salmon-like fish Underwater Organism

Fin Underwater Water Fish Marine biology

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,853 Posts
I can't wait for the weekend!
This weekend will be perfect for searun fishing with the gloomy wet weather.
Just pick a beach that allows you the best chance to avoid the predicted strong south winds.
SF

SAT...S WIND 15 TO 25 KT...EASING TO 10 TO 20 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT. RAIN LIKELY IN THE MORNING... THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
wondering what the water temps this year ?
In late July water temperatures in the southern part of Marine Area 13 were 63 to 64 degrees F. IMHO water temperature above 65 degrees result in unacceptable stress to hooked sea-run cutthroat. When the hot,sunny weather in early August occurred and continued for the rest of the month, I stopped fishng for sea-run cutthroat as water temperatures were probably approaching 70 degrees F. as was the case last year.

Now with cooler weather water temperatures are in the low 60's degrees F. or below. It is now time to again partake in excellent sea-run cutthroat fishing this Fall.

Roger

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.