Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Sound Anglers,

Unfortunately work has been getting in the way of my fishing. I was wondering if anyone is having any success with the coho in the South Sound area. I fish all the usual spots and will be making a trip this weekend. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Tight Lines,
G DUB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bobkt76,

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you fish from a boat. In the past I have had pretty good luck fishing from the beaches with a chartreuse and white clousers, tied with crystal flash.

Tight Lines,
G DUB

·
Registered
316 Posts
G DUB,

Things have been pretty slow in the South Sound until recently. There's a few decent silvers starting to show up at several of the beaches, but you'll have to be in the right place at the right time (i.e. structure, tides & currents etc.)and work for them. I "LDR'd" one of about 20"+ this morning off a popular beach and brought another of 17" to hand for release. Used a #4 baitfish imitation (white/green.) Hopefully it will be better for you by the weekend. Doesn't appear as though the numbers of available resident silvers are there as they were in previous years, however. SRC are consistently being caught at all the popular spots.

Greg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greg,

Thanks for the info. It gives me some hope that the fish are starting to show up. I prefer the incoming tide along the narrows and Browns Point. Solo Point on Ft. Lewis looks really productive for the cutts. Only problem is that you need a Department of Defense sticker to use their property. Have you ever fished Lincoln park in Seattle? Lincoln Park is hit or miss. I will let you know if I have any success this weekend.

Tight Lines,
G DUB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.