Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Indi Ira
9,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be up there next week as well fishing with Gordon Honey. My fiance and I will be stationed out of Lac Leguene (Or something like that you know the French) from the 19th through the 23rd.

Do you know yet where in the region you'll be fishing? Maybe we could fish the same water one of the days. I have references of my fishin prowess (That is if Macrowdy counts).
The traveling sedges can be killer fun this time of year.

Ira..

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Hey, Sparse,
If you run into the guy that runs a small sporting goods store up there at Lac LeJeune ( the lake of the young), beat him up! I can't say why, just that he has it coming.
Babo :reallymad

·
Registered
416 Posts
Gordon Honey, huh. That guy's a legend. Good work!

We'll be fishing Little Fort to 100 Mile house. Brian Chan will let us know which lakes to fish, so I couldn't tell you right now which lakes I'll be going to. We're looking for sedges.

Sparse

Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by.
(Sir Izaak Walton)

·
AKA: Gregory Mine
998 Posts
Now I'm not going to be there this year, but for the past few years the Sedges and Mays have been incredible at Sheridan. Years past that they have been the normal sporadic get lucky and find them. But the past few they are all over, and in huge hatches. Have fun, wish I was there... Greg

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Sedges were solid from Merrit to 100 mile house last year.Sheridan is a good lake but BIG. There are hundreds of little lakes in the area, some of which hold some monster trout. Good luck to anyone going up. I usually go up every year around the 4th but can't make it this year because my wife and I just had our first. SO PLEASE, anyone who goes up, give us a detailed report!! Thanks.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Will do!! I think there will be a few more reports than just Sparsey's. I just confirmed this morning that I'll be going up July 16th-20th with my BF and a bunch of my buddies. I SO can't wait!

I'm already working up my game plan of which lakes I'll hit (Little Fort area)... I love that place. Only guarantee, will NOT be fishing Deer Lake this year. I think that might have been the most miserable hike of my life (and I didn't catch any fish).

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
CWUgirl,

I will also be in the Little Fort area July 16th-20th. Funny thing, I was planning on fishing Deer Lake, I love a good hike. Maybe we can hook up?:dunno YT :smokin

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are any of you by chance staying with Dave and Jeanie at Rock Island Lake?

Went up there a couple years ago with a bunch of guys (we lucked out and got the whole camp) and had a great time. Good fishing and fantastic hosts.

Have fun!

Brad

·
AKA: Gregory Mine
998 Posts
Ah, but once you get to know it, its hard to pull yourself away from it. Its a great drug. To be there seems to put everything back into perspective. Yes its big, but thats also an advantage that keeps all the unknowing from just watching then trying to tag along. Not saying I wont help out when I can, just nice to get secluded with some big fish in front of you and wait for a huge swirl to lay your fly into. Then hang on !!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.