Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be heading over there and fishing with my dad and uncle for 4 days next week. I'll be crossing over to the "dark side" for some of the time as my dad and uncle are die-hard gear trollers but am planning on taking my pontoon and fly gear. Has anyone fished that lake and have any insite on flies, secret springs etc…

I’ll be equipped with the usual lake stuff…buggers, carey’s, P.T’s, damsel’s, hairs ears, chironomid's, assorted dry’s etc. etc.

Anyone have any fly suggestions etc?

Now no dagger’s from the purists as I Flyfish 99% of the time but do eat a fish now and then caught off a f4 frog flat fish!

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I used to know it all---but now I forgot it all.

Tony,you keep asking about all of these lakes. What are you going to do try to fish in all of them. You will drive your self nuts trying to find them all. I try to stick to a sixpack of lakes and just sometimes I will just vary and go somewhere else.

What do we have to do to slow you down. Give you a few beers and then you can tell us all your fishing adventures. At the rate you are going there won't be any fish for anyone else to catch.

Jim

·
Registered
105 Posts
Never fished it personally, but my grandpa goes there about every year. He ususally just trolls around flies on a sinking line, and has done well. Said there are a lot of larger holdovers in there running 15-18" which he took near the surface. You should do fine with the flies you mentioned. Seems like Spectacle gets a decent amount of ski traffic during the day, so you may only be able to fish it in the moring or late in the evening.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I fished it a few years back and if you go almost straight out across the lake from the resort there is an old creek bed, according the resort owner that is what it was, anyway we got quite a few nice 12 - 15 inch rainbows right there.

I think I may have to get back over there one of these days just to see if it is like I remember.

Good Luck.

B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.