Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I hope she likes whitefish
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've officially taken the step into spey fishing and have been practicing as much as I can. The only problem is, there isn't any good water to practice in right now, so I improvised!

I've watched several videos that talk about lawn casting and how to tie up a lawn leader so that it creates somewhat of an anchor. I started thinking about it the other day while the snow was falling and decided I'd try it in the snow. I waited until it had been on the ground for a few days and then started to melt a little bit. You know, the REALLY wet kind of snow. Anyway, I set up out in a field with fresh melting snow all around me and started casting. Low and behold, it WORKED and actually worked pretty well. I was able to work out some of my mistakes that I've carried over from single hand casting and really got to practice the single spey. So, I just wanted to let everyone know, that if they find themselves in need of some spey therapy and happen to have a snow covered field at their disposal...get out there and try it out, you might suprise yourself with how well the snow grabs the line after it's melted a tad bit. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.