Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speyclaves
I am working on setting up two speyclave.
On will be in January on 25th in Carnation Washington.
This will be the same as the last just a bunch of guys getting together to do some casting and so instruction.

The other one will be on Friday the 21st of February to coincide with the Flyfishing show.
This one is so some of those people who are attending the Flyfishing Show can have some fun also.

Please let post your view on these two calves for I will need your support has brought this event about.
Speybum:beer2

·
Registered
385 Posts
I personally appriciate you involvement in these gatherings very much. These are the times that I seem to make the biggest steps in my levels of casting and presentation. It's amazing how we have gone from the first get together less than 6 months ago, to where we are today. Your continued support, IMHO, is the driving force behind the success of these events. The distances that some people have traveled to attend is amazing, I'm new to this facet of Fly-fishing and thrive on the extreme amount of unselfishly given wisdom, and hope that it will continue on so that someday I can give back what you and others are giving me today. Thanks again for your involvement, if I can help in any way, don't hessitate to contact me, I will do anything within my power to assist you.
Bryan:thumb

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
THAT IS SO KEWL! I just put in for vacation on those days. I will be there after I fish the Penninsula. Outdamnstanding.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

·
Registered
41 Posts
Color me There!

I can make the Jan. 25th Speyclave but it may be difficult to get out of work for the Feb. 21st date due to work. I'll see what I can do. I'm going to get my Spey rod and line (already have a reel) this Saturday. :D Speyman gave me an initial lesson when I was trying out rods last Saturday. I'm going to need a lot more instruction so interacting with experienced spey casters will only be a WIN, WIN, WIN situation for me. :thumb Thanks for setting this up Speybum. Who knows maybe after the Speyclave we might indulge in a few refreshments. :beer1

Thanks again, :beer2

Kevlar

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good for the Clave on the 25th.
Should have a fairly good turn out and may be some heavey hitters.
Will keep you posted
:thumb

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. I worked this show in its first year trying to sell my flyrod holder for float tubes and pontoon boats. We had the first flyrod holder on the market called the "Rod Pocket". Big companies such as Scotty and others beat the hell out of me. So much for patent pending, it just passes ideas to others. Thanks to you that did buy the Rod Pocket, but I still lost my ass. :beer1

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
The thrill is not in the kill---But to let them go.

I have a stupid question on the show in Bellevue. Why do they call it the Seattle show when it is in Bellevue not in Seattle. Are they afraid that if they call it the Bellevue Show that nobody will come. Just a thought.

Jim

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks like the Speyclave for the 25th of January is starting to shape up.

We are hoping to have a faily informal day with a small demo and lots of mentoring and instruction.

We will be starting to set up at 10:00
The demo's will start arounnd 11:00

And where it goes from there is untirely up to you.
Speybum
:smokin

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Who is bringing the KRISPY KREAMS?

1BIGFISH
The Speyfly round table was quite well received.
Highlander and the Speyman keep us quite well enthralled with the process to tying speyflies correctly.
The make it seem second nature instead of a nerve racking endeavor.

Speyclave is on track for Saturday staring about 11:00 with set up starting at 10:00.
I will be held at the mouth of Tolt River (
Carnation Washington) near Macdonald Park.
Speybum
:smokin

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a reminder that the Speyclave is on for Tomorrow is the day and the River Looks in fine shape.
Speybum:beer2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.