Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first flyrod this Fall and am pleased to say I pulled my first trout out of the Spokane River. It wasn't a monster but it was still a thrill! I was using a brown wooly worm and drifting upstream in a deep eddy.

Here's a couple of questions for those who wish to respond...

It seems the road is closed on the Aubrey L. White Parkway from the waste water plant to the Bowl and Pitcher. Can the B&P be reached from the other end?

Are there other stretches of the Spokane River worthy of my time?

How late into the Fall can I expect to flyfish the River?

Any help would be appreciated! :THUMBSUP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for posting your report on the Spokane. Yes, you can reach the B&P from the north side. Rifle Club Road will let you reach the B&P area even though there are signs that say "road closed". As far as when to fish, I fish the river year round only stopping during the spring/early summer when the high water levels from run off make it extremely difficult. There is still a lot of good fishing to be had. When the weather gets colder mid-afternoon will be the most productive. But overall the fishing will slow as fall turns into winter. Good Fishing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.