Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i have a random question. if the Spokane river has its own red band, why are they not in the upper drainage of say the CDA river. I know the post falls dam blocks them but before the dam shouldn't they have been able to make it to upper connected drainage's? or were they there and now they are gone? just crossed my mind today and none of the local shops seem to have an answer.

·
Flyslinger
1,937 Posts
Two barriers Spokane Falls and Post Falls. There was a falls there before the dam, that is why they built the dam there. The other hint would be the town is called Post Falls not Post Dam.
Blessings
jesse

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool i was unaware of the falls before the dam. thanks

·
I'm a teacher, I fish to eat!
785 Posts
Actually it was named Post falls for Frederick Post, a German immigrant who bought land from a CDA chief (the chiefs name escapes me right now, i am sure you could google it but i am lazy right now) and opened up a lumber mill on the Spokane river. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.