Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Dude Abides
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yellow there.

If anyone knows who was out today checking the TJ Menach Bridge section, please pass along a thank you

I was on a bike ride with my dog, and noticed two guys who appeared to be fishing. Upon closer inspection, it was two guys doing a red check, or something like that. Nice to see that happen on my home water

Also, if that organization needs a volunteer, count me in. I am more than willing to lend a hand

Cheers to whomever it was

·
Registered
586 Posts
Jmills,
My bet is that is WDFW doing contract work for Avista... Avista is on the hook to do a ten year study of redbands and how different age classes are affected by different flow regimes as a function of the FERC re-license. Also redd surveys going on. With this low flow year, they are probably getting some good looks! I have also noticed red flag tape hanging in the willows both up river and down river from there... redds!

Spokane Falls TU is having the lead Avista Biologist in at our next membership meeting on Tuesday May 4 to explain the work that that's going on. Come on down and check it out.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The guys doing the study recently pulled a crazy guy out of the water. Hopefully we can actually get some good info on the lower river since there has never been a study.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
the spokane fly fishers has some volunters watching the river and reporting poachers. i dont know if it was them but they have been having some success. if you want to help contact the spokane fly fishers. mike w

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
The guys doing the study recently pulled a crazy guy out of the water. Hopefully we can actually get some good info on the lower river since there has never been a study.
I caught that one on the news the other night! It seems like their pulling someone out the river (dead or alive) on a daily basis.

Do any of you guys belong to the Spokane Fly Fishers Club? I'm considering joining and getting involved with the Spokane TU chapter now that I'm finally getting settled in...

Thanks, Wayne

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I caught that one on the news the other night! It seems like their pulling someone out the river (dead or alive) on a daily basis.

Do any of you guys belong to the Spokane Fly Fishers Club? I'm considering joining and getting involved with the Spokane TU chapter now that I'm finally getting settled in...

Thanks, Wayne
I belong to TU. Good group that needs more members. TU along with Spokane River Keepers and the Spoakne River Forum seem to be making a difference.
I have been attending the Spokane Fly Fishers but have not actually joined. Seems like a good group and the are big enough to get some great speakers. I took a fly tying course this winter and was very good.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Both are great groups. SFTU and SFF have actually been partnering on several projects... most lately on the Poaching Patrol/Eyes on the river day we had on March 27th. (Inland Empire Flyfishers participated in that as well).

By the way, there is another patrol happening this Saturday, April 17th! I won't be there but if you are interested in helping I can post details later tonight.

Wayne, SFTU would really like to have you join up and help out... If you can show up on May 4th I can get you hooked up with a sweet deal on an application (or anyone else that wants to join up) Thanks.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
the spokane flyfishers would be a good choice for a club to belong. it is a great family atmosphere and a great learning situation. do not hesitate. they have outings weekly and meetings monthly . the dues are about $15 and well worth it. they have fly tying classes, rod building classes and fly fishing classes. i live in othello and i still enjoy some of the deals they offer. good luck. mike w

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.