Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's officially official, spring is upon us. The final sign has arrived. Rock Creek Merc is posting reports. Time to line up the reels.....

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
It seems to have mostly just sprung periodic cloud leaks here . . . I feel like I'm experiencing what I used to call the annual west-side Rust Festival when I lived out there - celebrated from January 1st through December 31st . . .

·
Premium Member
7,341 Posts
Yeah, I can tell. The 8' berms from the snow on my roof are now down to about 5'-we can actually see out! Another sure sign is that the turkeys have returned to my yard and they are horny. I counted 52 in one flock last week and more than that today. The weather remains abysmal with snow yesterday evening and pounding rain throughout the night and morning. A mini-spring is expected with two consecutive nice days-hope it isn't another NOAA hoax.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I can tell. The 8' berms from the snow on my roof are now down to about 5'-we can actually see out! Another sure sign is that the turkeys have returned to my yard and they are horny. I counted 52 in one flock last week and more than that today. The weather remains abysmal with snow yesterday evening and pounding rain throughout the night and morning. A mini-spring is expected with two consecutive nice days-hope it isn't another NOAA hoax.
I was on my front porch yesterday watching four whitetail on the browse when one raised its head and they all bolted in a flash. I fully expected to see a dog or bear on the chase, but twas not the culprit. Fifteen seconds later, I saw a turkey running directly toward the deer, as fast as it could run. I waited even longer to see if anything was behind the turkey, nada. Angry bird....

·
Just an Old Man
35,202 Posts
Ahhhhhh. Nice weather. I was going to do a weather report but somebody beat me to it. It's a little cloudy here today with temps in the mid 60's . It is supposed to get to 69 today I sure hope it makes it.

·
Just an Old Man
35,202 Posts
It's still winter time for a few more days, but what the USGS has on their page is the rivers are up and running. It could be a good spring and the snow all gone by mid April.

Going to be a hell of a fire season. I look at the mountains here around Dillon and most of the snow is gone from them.They have had flood advisories on the weather page I go to. Last 10 days have been in the low 50's to the mid 60's. Snow is melting fast.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
65 here but the damn wind is blowing so hard that the sun's rays are landing way northeast of here, lol. I got my small bracket project cut-out & painted just in time.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well, here oon the Seattle east side, it has been raining so much I'm thinking about building an ark and tonight it feels like it might sleet. Spring may have sprung somewhere but not here.

Dr Bob

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
It's here. My friends the swallows have been back for a week, frogs are chirping in the rocks, marmots are out running around, and more importantly, the sparse,small midge hatches of winter are picking up in size of bug and intensity. As soon as the water warms up ten more degrees, it's on!

Reactions: Jim F. and Buzzy
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.