Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like everyone else, my GF and my time seem to fill up 6 months in advance so I found it best to try and plan out fishing (water depending) for the spring/summer in the winter time, when my hands are tired of tying and I sit at my work desk thinking of nothing other then wetting a fly! But not at this time boss.... haha

So I am looking for some spring/summer creeks for us to hit. I have fished eveything moving from the Methow, Okanogan, Rufus, Salmon Creek (all three forks), as well as "No Name" (little jem on the Omak flats). Looking for any info on some newer ones for us to explore. Looking at the creeks flowing in and out of Palmer lake. Any thoughts on them, and was looking at the legal water to fish on Lost River in the Methow Valley. Its only 4-5 miles to hike into he legal boundary but the terrain is so rough, any ideas on that one or others in the area? Any help would be great! Thx and tight lines!

·
Been around
387 Posts
Best of luck to you on gaining any info on creeks that can't support the masses that have their eyes on WFF. Many here have their own "no name" creeks. You would be better off spending some time here and contributing to the forum, and then picking the brains of individuals via PM. Just sayin' ;)

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Go get a good map and have a go at the little blue lines. Waste some gas and wear out your shoes.When I first fished in Washington, it was from before the thing called the internet. I wasted a lot of gas searching for skinny water. I found oodles of small and some not so small skinny water. Dropped a line is a few of them. Caught some fish and was blanked in others. There's a lot out there. But you ain't going to find them from your computer.

You have to go look. And I did a lot on weekends and evenings after work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Holy cow... not asking for hot spots just any creeks in the area worth looking at that hold water year round... ya give me your hot spots... haha like a name would be nice... or is it even feasible to hike into Lost River in the Methow or Pasayten Wilderness worth looking at...? Being new to the forum doesn't mean I'm new to fishing, I get how this works... just looking for more resources. And the shop I worked at before I got my present job is the only one in North Centeral WA. Just never followed forums before...

·
dirty dog
5,326 Posts
Welcome aboard T.Money
Watch out for rattlesnakes, ticks, and other dangers to the unwary back country explorer.
When and if you find any "hotspots" you need to send that info to me in a PM before you post them here.
I will approve or disapprove so you don't get a lashing for giving up secret spots.
Again welcome aboard

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome aboard T.Money
Watch out for rattlesnakes, ticks, and other dangers to the unwary back country explorer.
When and if you find any "hotspots" you need to send that info to me in a PM before you post them here.
I will approve or disapprove so you don't get a lashing for giving up secret spots.
Again welcome aboard
Haha ok I'll get right on that boss. : ) And being born and raised on a ranch/farm right out of Okanogan most of my life, I'm used to the backcountry life. Haha

·
Banned
10,660 Posts
Sorry I figured naming a body of water didn't tell a hotspot, my bad.
Creeks are fragile as they can't handle the pressure like some of the bigger rivers. Maybe you will get some pms with a few suggestions.

Or like The Duke suggested, hang out for a bit. Contribute to the forum. Get to know some of the members and I bet most are willing to share a little info with ya.

Just can't see too many blasting their favorites on an open forum like this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Accidentally hot spot, I never run into people unless on one of the rivers haha All the info I gave out as well as most of the guys I worked with in WA, was on waters that have been in TV episodes and on online shows, so don't think the Met and some lakes are very secret... But I can see what u mean. No one gets my special spots unless u fish with me a couple times and are returning the favor...old punk jk ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.