Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Been around
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My annual early October Montana trip is out this year due to the impending birth of my second child whose due date is Oct. 1. I can’t wait for the kid to be here, but am bummed about my annual trip. Currently with a 2 and a half year old, the last time that I fished was in October of 2017... This is coming from someone who used to be annoyed if I missed a weekend of fishing. I would love to pull off a pre run-off Montana trip, but don’t want to plan it when the rivers are blown, and I need to have a better idea of when to expect some serious river flow bumps. Right now we are shooting at a late April Missoula area trip. We are sticking with the Missoula area as it is a day’s trip from Seattle and we only have four days, with travel time, to fish. I realize that it is a crap shoot, especially with all of the snow this year, but would appreciate any advice on timing. It’s now or never, as when the baby comes I expect to have an extensive hiatus from fly fishing. PMs welcome. I just need to get some final casts before my life goes sideways for a couple of years. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.