Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
dirty dog
5,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black birds singing in the cattails at Rocky Ford yesterday.
I figured that I would have the creek to myself yesterday afternoon, with the big game going on. Not so!!
All the guys I talked to were thinking the same as I was.
Fishing was good I caught and released 10 with many LDR's and I saw many other guys catching fish also.
Seems like all were hard core fly fishers, even some Oregon plates in the parking lot.
For those who watched the game, right on.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Fishing and catching fish is always better than FOOTBALL. I think that I watched maybe 5 minutes of that game. That was my total watching football. All day.

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Great report Gary. As much as I like winter, these nice spring like days are pretty impressive.

·
Smells like low tide.
7,951 Posts
Right on, Gary! Nice day to be out! I hiked out on the jetty yesterday afternoon. Sunny and warm here, in the low 50's. I did see rainclouds in the hills and inland, though. I tossed some jigheads and Carolina rigs for rockfish, but nada. At one point, I looked down and saw a fresh banana peel that some prior rock hopping angler had left there (Probbly the guy I passed hiking in when I was heading out). After that, even bait drew a blank. That sly early bird had cursed the entire jetty for the rest of the day.:rofl: I reeled in and left, but had fun taking giant steps on the jetty moonscape all the way back in.
Then I saw a couple who had caught some surf perch, and they were cooking them up right there on a camp stove. It was still 50 F here at 6pm. Awesome day!
Fishin again somewhere tomorrow, but skinny fresh water!

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
We have had 6 days about freezing and today it is 20 degrees out. The ice was even going down on the rivers. But it tried to snow today again, but it failed to come down with any force. I've had snow here on the ground since October. Not much but enough to piss one off.

·
Piscatorial Engineer
1,229 Posts
That's a darn nice fish, but when you get a pic of the gear guy with that fly in the end of his nose, I'd pay to see that.

Great Report.

I can't believe we are talking about spring in early Feb. although I have to agree it sure felt like spring this weekend.

Fished a Puget Sound river this weekend. Started swinging through a long run. 10 min later the obligatory gear guy came through with his sled, parked in front of me on the seam and started casting toward me (it never fails). He worked down through the run then ran his kicker back up the seam and went through the run again before taking off to find some more fly water to ineffectively fish. I continued swinging through and halfway down my fly got nailed hard. Five or six jumps and a few runs later I landed this buck. The coloration really made me think of spring. Finished the run with a nice big dolly in the tailout. It was lunch time so I sat in the warm sun and ate my sandwich. A nice spring day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.