Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a lot of fun the other night on Squalicum lake. This is a fly only lake requiring a short hike (1/4 mi.) with a tube. Got on at 6:00PM and left at 8:30. Sounds like we missed some good action also right up to dark. Real nice caddis hatch going off close to shore as we were leaving. Elk hairs, Adams etc. Have fun they are feisty 9-13 inchers. If you come to Bellingham, stop in at H&H on Dupont and the guys will set you up.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
329 Posts
I concur!

I've never heard of Squalicum putting out any hogs but I used to fish it a bit while I was going to school in Bellingham. Nice lake. I caught my first trout on a self-tied fly in that lake. About a 10" cutthroat. Have you caught any browns in there?

jack

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We did not get any browns but I understand they are in there. The place is an aquatic zoo. Lots of cover. I used to fish it a lot years ago and I will more this year. I heard they put in those triploids (sp)also. Should be lots of fun for years.

Mark

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right on Andrew,

That had to be real pleasure. The old stand-by fly only lake on the Baker Hiway is doing real well these days. We heard about the late evening hatch the next day. We left a bit early as I was a bit wet.

Old Man,

I had a lot of fun on the Yak for a couple of hours. Stopped several places. Hot and dusty just like Montana when I lived there. I will be taking my 14 yr old to the Yak real soon. Can't believe I have never fished that river before this. It is a real treasure.

Mark

G

·
Have fun be Safe

yap it a nice lake allright fished it a couple of times.slayed them
justin at h&h hooked me up with some good flys.im sur ill fish it next time im up there.
:THUMBSUP :THUMBSUP
these bad boys were cought in a privet lake in bellingham.
they fought like steelys.just thought i'd share

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.