Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sea-run cutthroat fishing this Fall hasn't been the best for me this year. So, on this beautiful sunny day I got the itch to go out and make a few casts this afternoon at a favorite beach. As you can see, it didn't "pan out". I was tempted to put on a Miyawaki Beach Popper on the ice, with the idea that jaws might pop thru and grab it. No chance! :D

·
1,411 Posts
Amazing what a little chill in the air can do to water...
You can call that "Ice fishing from the edge.." :clown:

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, this is near a small estuary, but still at least 1500' away or more, so there is some freshwater influence here with not a whole lot of tide movement. Other beaches would/should be fine if you get away from the freshwater areas. Guess I'll get back to the fly tying table....

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
nice photos Larry. Good time of year to tie flies and drink some beer. let me know if you want to meet up in Poulsbo sometime soon. i'll bring a bunch of fresh ducks and anyone that wants to take some feathers can pluck what they want.
The Loft(formerly bayside broiler) has an amazing happy hour. could be a new gathering place.

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice photos Larry. Good time of year to tie flies and drink some beer. let me know if you want to meet up in Poulsbo sometime soon. i'll bring a bunch of fresh ducks and anyone that wants to take some feathers can pluck what they want.
The Loft(formerly bayside broiler) has an amazing happy hour. could be a new gathering place.
I'm pretty much free David. Don't know about these other guys. I think I have been to the Loft once. Kool. What happened to all these young guys you were once trying to get together? Ha!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.