Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fish Slayer
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever gotten them up by Packwood?? I have a race at the old Hampton mill site this weekend and I was gonna bring my rod and hit up a spot or two friday after I got my paddock spot set up.
Should I bring the big stick and go for for steel or salmon??

Thanks!
Ty

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
Ty,

Forget your rod and open a bottle after your race. Very, very few SRC are transported to the upper Cowlitz (cuz very few smolts are passed downstream), and no summer steelhead are passed to the upper Cowlitz, and any spring chinook hauled up there are past their prime and should be left alone to spawn IMO.

Sg

·
Fish Slayer
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha. Wasnt sure... Linda is staying home, so I was just looking for a way to kill a couple hours till some of my racing friends showed up to drop a few High Lifes with... Might have to go to the Blue Spruce for grins while I wait...

·
Fish Slayer
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHAHA!!!! Nope, just a dive bar with bad burgers and bar maids with attitudes to match.
It is in the 'wood though.
Is there a strip club in PW? Never mind... I dont think I would want to see women from the 'wood stripping.... Knowing my luck I might see a relative.... I am from Morton...

·
Fish Slayer
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So there is another nearby creek that the reg book says trout and all game fish, yadda yadda yadda... Does that hold anything or is that the standard 'its a river near the highway, we better put some regs on it' sort of thing. Hwy 12 crosses it right before you go through town.. I wont give the name incase it is a gem.

·
Fish Slayer
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was born there... My parents moved when I was three (in 1986)... My parents spent most of their lives there. The Rakes' (my dads side), and the Stulls (moms side)... My grandfather was a teacher at the school, his name is Stan Stull. Just about all my Stull uncles played sports there. Ringing any bells???

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
You could drive down to Morton and fish TP's stockers in the Tilton. It's a gem! Actually a lot of guys have fun fishing for them and the fly boys outfish the worm drowners if they don't thrash the water too hard, which they do, so fish before they turn out in force, or move up or downstream.

Sg

·
Fish Slayer
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No sheet Pat!!! I do know your last name! There are some Colemans that live next door to my gma Rakes, any relation to them??

Are you going to be near Packwood/Randle this weekend? Be interested in a beer or two?

Salmo, I was thinking of that, but by the time I get into Packwood, get my stuff set up at the track, go back to Morton, it would proly be starting to get dark. I guess I could hit it on my way for an hour...

Pat you be down with meeting up in either Morton or the 'wood?? Fish the Tilton or grab a drink in pwood?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.