Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Just an Old Man
35,200 Posts
I might be old---but I'm good.

Royal Wulff is one that I can go to when nothing seems to work. But I discovered a new one last night. I was doing some practice out in my back yard with my 8wt. Had a eggsucking leech on. I forgot about my cat on how it chases any thing thrown. Last night I caught my cat. I tried to get to her but she broke off. Another LDR. I just can't seem to catch any thing.

Since I use barbless hooks,the hook fell out and the cat is fine now.

Jim

· Just an Old Man
35,200 Posts

Thank youse guys on all the responces on my cat story. I should have known better. Because my daughter used to cast her spinng rod in the back just to let the cat chase it(no hook). From now on no more hooks.

I checked the regs and found no open season on house cats. Maybe we can get it added,but I don't think so,too many animal lovers out there. Me for one.

Jim :THUMBSUP

· Just an Old Man
35,200 Posts

That rock story reminded me of what happened to my buddy two years ago on the N/fork of the Sky. We were drifting jigs and he said that he had a big one on. Well as it turned out He was using a dink float and it was bouncing around in the current. And his jig was caught on a rock. He swore it was a fish and he fought it for twenty minutes. Before he gave up and broke it off.

It's things like this that make fishing interesting and some times funny.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.