Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a small system up north in preparation or rather any excuse really before I head up to smithers in 10 days..

this was a day of third man through getting the fish...both fish came to the third guy through for some reason...so was nice to be that guy on the run I was fishing as I puffed a nice stoogie and enjoyed the afternoon sun..

My bud got his skating a dry third man through the second run we fished..

next run, after lunch, I got mine on a green butt tube...funny thing was I was thinking about switching up but left my nippers on my jacket back up the bank as it was so warm..and looking at the two ahead of me skating decided to keep going..

I haven't caught a lot of bucks but this one was just like out of the books..fly stopped, I lifted thinking there is nothing I could of hooked with an unweighted fly and 15' leader...head shakes and a decent couple runs down river...all bull dogging the whole way in...

After getting soaked in the morning downpours and wondering why I was the only one in shorts wet wading, the sun came out and it warmed up nicely so paid off....practicing a little grease lining with the fly and found a player..

Pic's are of my buds with the dry and my old ugly ass in shorts..

Now I'm really pumped for the Bulkley...Ok, was anyways..but this just helps.. View attachment 34519 View attachment 34517 View attachment 34518 View attachment 34516

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
A friend of mine just returned from a two week trip. Kispiox one week..very low water...no fish.
Second week; Bulkley 25 hook-ups, 10 to hand.:thumb:
If I knew how to post pics out of an email............:beathead:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Nice!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, me too..but it's been 10 years since my last vacation...10 freaking years...and I'm getting a week..well that's what happens when your your own boss...have been hearing about it from my buds for so long and to be able to get a chance to see it up there is going to be worth it...the fish, well I'll do my best..but floats on my wm down rivers that i've only been able to read about...cigars, some good hootch and swinging a fly...Man, kill me when I get back..cause it's sure going to suck...lol...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.