Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a heads up the river is closed at state line under the bridge. the construction crew wont let you float under thay have a barge and a sign. the kicker is the take out is blocked by fencing so you have to hop a barbed wire fence to get out. there are no signs on the Idaho side launches, so be forewarned.

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
I doubt this warning is going to affect me one way or another, but it would probably be more useful if your caution mentioned the name of the river and general geographic area. In case there is more than one river on the WA/ID state line with a bridge.

Sg

·
Skunk Happens
1,015 Posts
There's the Pend Orelle, Snake, and Spokane. The PO and the Snake are lakes at the state line, and he's from Coeur d'Alene. I'll put a buck on the Spokane.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the Spokane river

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Nothing better than jumping a barbwire fence with an inflatable and in just shorts!!
They could have at least made a gate or something.

·
Fish or Ski...Fish or ski....fish!
218 Posts
Thanks Jerry, I'm stuck in town this weekend and was going to float that stretch and use the pullout, but I guess I'll do Liberty Lake access down!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just get out at the truck wiegh station area 1/4 mile downstream. Pretty simple really.
you cant. they wont let you under the bridge. that's the point there NO take out! the one before the bridge is closed so you're screwed if you cant pick up your boat and carry it over a barbed wire fence.

·
Fish or Ski...Fish or ski....fish!
218 Posts
just a heads up the river is closed at state line under the bridge
Woops sorry norcal, I guess I just figured they would do like they did under the barker bridge and leave small passage
for pass through. Guess I need to learn how to read!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Woops sorry norcal, I guess I just figured they would do like they did under the barker bridge and leave small passage
for pass through. Guess I need to learn how to read!
no worries at all. just wanted to clarify

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.