Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Remember when you could remember everything?
7,182 Posts
I was there about 6 weeks ago and we never saw a fish, although in fairness, there was a huge weather system blowing in. I'd also heard it was set to be nuked last fall but that it was called off due to cost and the lack of funds at WDFW for such rehabs.

Of all the basin lakes, Beda in particular seems to need to be nuked every couple years thanks to trash fish that find their way in either through the wasteway or by bucket brigade, and the number of desireables that end up leaving in 5 gallon plastic pails carried by poachers. Given the high cost for the treatment as well as planting replacement fish, I would not be surprised to learn that it's being left alone for the foreseeable future until the state's budget crisis is resolved.

K

·
FishyJere
719 Posts
A friend sent an email to the district biologist and I saw the reply. Evidently, they did NOT poison Beda. It was on the agenda but they ran low on funds. The catch and keep period expired and it is back to the old rules. No new fish however. Reports vary wildly.

Jerry

·
Registered
26 Posts
Checked out Beda Lake today 5-21-2010. There was a huge hatch coming off the water but the lake was absolutely dead. We saw one pumpkin seed at the entrance and just two fish feeding on the surface on the entire lake. WDFW may have killed the lake because there was no aquatic life including frogs, minnows or any thing with flippers, gills,or scales.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.