Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelhead Flies to Benefit the Wild Steelhead Coalition

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Southsound 
#1 ·
All... the other night I contacted Chris S. with an offer of selling some flies with the proceeds going to support the site. He was appreciative but said that he'd rather see any money raised from the flies go to the Wild Steelhead Coalition.

So - here is a set of 18 hair wing, spey-style, and woven nymphs for sale, all tied by myself. I tried to vary hook sizes in the selection and to provide a cross section of color combinations. The flies will come in a custom box (still working on that but should have it finished by Monday). All proceeds from this sale will go to support the work of the WSC with the person having the best offer above $20 making their check or money order payable to the WSC.

As mentioned, the starting price is $20 and I will be picking up the shipping costs. Offers will be taken for the next week, through Friday, January 29th. Best offer will get the flies and box and a lot of appreciation.

Thanks much everyone...

Steve Cole
360-286-3151

#8 ·
Update: Yesterday I received an email from a member with an offer of $100 for the WSC flies... definitely a pleasant proposition! Iit is the highest offer as of this morning.

I am putting the finishing touches on the box today and will have photos of the flies with the box available this PM.

Thanks Again

Steve Cole

#10 ·
Just a quick addition... Steve Saville is the member who made the generous $100 offer for the flies (and yep, he is definitely the front runner!). I needed to check with him to make sure he was OK with this "disclosure" and he was. I just think it's great that Steve, and everyone else who have put $$ on the table are inclined to support the WSC.

I will keep the ad running until this Friday PM in case there are others that want to offer more... who knows!?!

Thanks again to all...

Steve Cole

#13 ·
All... here are the other photos with the box. The design, while not original, seemed to fit well with the contents - it's a USGS topographic map section of the Klickitat River. I still have some more coats of acrylic to apply to make sure it's sealed well.

Steve Cole

#16 ·
Here it is Friday and this evening will be the last opportunity for making an offer on this box of steelhead flies to benefit the Wild Steelhead Coalition. We have had a number of offers with the most generous and in first position at $100 from WFF member Steve Saville. I said I would leave this up and available for consideration through this evening. The person with the highest offer will make a check or money order out to the Wild Steelhead Coalition and in return gets the custom box with eighteen spey, hair wing, and woven nymph (ala Jim Garrett's Olympic Stone).

Thanks for Consideration

Steve Cole

#17 ·
I just wanted to wrap up this post with a huge thanks to Steve Saville for the $100 donation to the WSC, Chris Scoones for the encouragement, and to Mumbles, Don, Chad, and Paul for their offers. The donation from Steve S. was forwarded to the WSC last week and he's got his new flies with the box. This worked out really well!

PS Mumbles... I will see what I can come up with for you.

Thanks Again...

Steve Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.