Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Sinktip:

I am new to this site and saw your request. Had a great morning today(finally) and thought I would share the details with you as you asked. I have been the beneficiary of lots of good advice over the years so just trying to return the favor.

Fished the Morning Glory hole on the lower Green (Duwamish) at first light this morning. My third try in the last two weeks, first two visits were zero's.

Got there at first light, quite pretty in the fog. Two other flyfisherman beat me there. (Maybe somebody from this site? - I was the guy in the tan waders, chestpack and stocking cap)

What a morning! The two other fellows each landed one fish - they seemed to be using shooting heads or some type of fast sinking tips and what looked like a red marabou pattern.

My day was even better - 4 fish touched and most importantly released, all before 10:30! Morning Glory has returned to its old glory! All cookie cutter 8# or so hatchery stuff, but what a hoot!

I was using my new favorite combination, a rotodisc drag L.A. Danzoni on a custom built 9 3/4' Mike Clarkson. (Haven't tried Spey yet, but this would be a great hole for it). Type III fast sinking head (homemade) with mono running line, the hot pattern was a Syd Glasso type Purple Baby Ruth 1/0, 4 foot leader tapered to 12 lb spiderwire.

Not sure about boulders or rocks, should be a little more observant. The hole fishes best from the W bank, follow the trail down to the water, walk upstream about 75 feet. There is a slot on the far bank - inside curve where steelhead love to sit. Look for a stunted Maple tree on the bank with some blackberry bushes next to it, you will see the spot! Never caught fish here any time but first light, maybe thats how it got its name!

Hope that helps - Tight Lines!

·
Registered
9 Posts
GREAT JOB ON THE FISH SINKTIP IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'VE HAD ONE OF THE BEST DAYS OF THE YEAR SO FAR ON THE BOARD. MAYBE I'LL SEE YOU ON THE GREEN SOMETIME I LIVE PRETTY CLOSE BY AND FISH IT QUITE A BIT. BEST OF LUCK TO YA.

STEELY13:)

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,439 Posts
Let's see now....tan waders.....chestpack....stocking cap....WOW! really stood out from the crowd...eh?

That "Stunted maple tree on the bank with some blackberry bushes" is that where you usually catch most of your snipe too?

"I'd rather catch a big one, than tell a big one, then be a big one"
Red Green

LB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.