Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mother Nature's Son
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been interesting to observe the lower than expected returns in many of the northern Washington rivers. The trend seems to be somewhat statewide but southern Washington and Northwest Oregon rivers are actually doing pretty well.

The Cowlitz fished well last week. Going further south, the Kalama has had some good reports. Going even further south, Oregon's Wilson river has been nothing short of hot. Oregon's Sandy and Clackamas rivers have also been consistent producers. I haven't fished the Oly. Penn. rivers for over a month, but the last time I was there it was very good. I wonder why the northern WA rivers would take a bigger hit than the southern rivers?

Anyway, if you still want fish, there are still fish in the rivers.

Skinny

· Just an Old Man
35,200 Posts
I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Well I'm going to go up and try out the Sauk with mattzoid on thursday morning. According to the flow charts it seems to be dropping into shape. And as I have so much time on my hands,I'm going to go exploring up along the Suaittle river and look for a small lake I found on one of the many maps that I look at. So far I've found a few I didn't know were there . No fish yet but I haven't been trying to catch anything. Got to wait for the water to warm up just a little.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.