Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Skunk Happens
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a boat I didn't want to pass up. It's a 2000 Yellowstone Drifter. I was really looking for a Clack based on all the recommendations, but sometimes things just end up differently. The boat must have been a trade on a Hyde. I drove to Idaho Falls on Friday and picked it up Saturday morning. The Hydes were very good to me in a lot of different ways. They did a lot to make sure I had a ready vessel and a safe trip home. Both of which are important to me.

I can't wait for skwalas.:)

View attachment 27900

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
Congratulations Stewart. Bring it out to the Hoh this march and we'll brake it in right.
Jeff

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Nice Stewart. I agree with THE JEFF. I brought my solo 'toon to the Hoh and fished following him last year. My experience on the oars was minimal at that time and I learned a lot from watching him and following his lead. You likely have much more experience than I on the sticks, but I think you sill will enjoy the social aspect of an event like the Hoh Down. I bet your friend list will start to grow, hopefully they also know how to row.

·
Skunk Happens
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Hoh Down is a long shot at least this year. The Clark Fork is going to get worked over though! As long as I'm not too buried with studying. If Skwalapalooza is after March 18th, I will be there. I'll have some time in June too, and hopefully I can get one of those heavenly green drake days again. I believe I have paid my dues for that one.

Also, I need to do the Troy to Bonner's trip with my kids this year. We never made it last year. Now I have one less excuse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.