Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an STH 234 fly reel that probably dates from the late 80's-early 90's. The only markings on it are "STH 234" and "Made in Argentina". It is wound with a DT3F line. My question is, how do you switch it from left to righthand retrieve?? The guts of this reel are very simple. It appears to have a cork drag adjustable from a small knob on the outside of the housing. I've done a little looking online and don't see any current STH reels that look exactly like mine. I tried one phone # for STH customer service (found online) and it was a wrong #. Anyone have a clue about these reels?

Thanks
Rod

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi Rod:
Reel is easily converted. Remove spool; remove screws on plastic cover, lift center gear out of disk and remove from shaft. Flip center gear and replace on shaft. Make certain keyways on center gear match up with slots on disk.

I have several of these reels, first one had thick reel foot and drag did not work well after several years. Returned to Cortland and they refurbed drag, plus put on new reel foot, no charge. Great service!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.