Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,341 Posts
I was just there this evening. There are tons of fish in the system, I would suggest hitting the first road downstream of I-5 and fishing the river just upstream of the I-5 bridge, or down stream of there.

I plan on returning to that reach Sunday Morning.

Good luck.

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made my way to Arlington this afternoon. Near the cement plant just out of town, there was a solid line of salmon swimming upstream - 3-4 abreast. I could not believe my eyes. I dropped in from the road, on a steep slant and had to steeple cast. I was able to convince one of them that my slamon fly was tasty. It was a nice fish, medium size. I would say 16-20inches. We fought for a while but since I had no bank to walk him down, I had to go to my backing but he kept driving downstream and then as the line tightend, he took the fly with him. gone. oh well, I tired for an hour to get another w/o luck. :( I haven't seen fish like that since the A section on the Green River in Utah. I tried another spot along the hiway between Arlington and Granite Falls but got invade by swimmers.

Bottom line there are plenty of fish in the stilly now. Go get 'em!

G

·
Try the area around Silvana. There is good access at the bridges. The first bridge that you cross going into Silvana is a good place to start. There's parking and good access to the river.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.