Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a place I can take my girlfriend and some friends camping. Not looking for anywhere too rustic and would be great if there was a bathroom as well. Digging through the forums I see that Lenice has places to camp? Does anybody else have any ideas? PM's also welcomed.

Thanks!

·
Still fly fishing in the PCW
5,370 Posts
Lenice has a gravel parking area and some people camp in it. It is not a campground, just a parking lot with no picnic tables or other amenities. It is also a hike into the lake so if you want a waterfront or view campsite, this is not the place.

A little more details may help people provide suggestions. In what area of the state are you wanting to camp? How close to the water do you want to be? By "bathroom", do you mean with a flush toilet and sink or is a pit toilet/sanican OK? Does the lake need to be fishable by shore or dock or do you have some kind of float tube/pontoon/boat?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Looking in WA? W. of Salmon la sac. If open, Cooper Lake is pretty. Nice views are nicer if you have light non-powered boats. I have never found fishing to be a draw.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lenice has a gravel parking area and some people camp in it. It is not a campground, just a parking lot with no picnic tables or other amenities. It is also a hike into the lake so if you want a waterfront or view campsite, this is not the place.

A little more details may help people provide suggestions. In what area of the state are you wanting to camp? How close to the water do you want to be? By "bathroom", do you mean with a flush toilet and sink or is a pit toilet/sanican OK? Does the lake need to be fishable by shore or dock or do you have some kind of float tube/pontoon/boat?
A pit toilet is fine I assume. As close to the water as possible would be great. Also was thinking eastern WA.

·
Still fly fishing in the PCW
5,370 Posts
A pit toilet is fine I assume. As close to the water as possible would be great. Also was thinking eastern WA.
There are tons of options then including all the ones mentioned above. Fish Lake (near Lake Wenatchee) is close, has good fishing and has a campground/resort (The Cove) that has docks and rents small boats. Fish Lake also has rustic Forest Service camping area that has a cement pit toilet.

A little further away, State Park campgrounds at Alta Lake, Conconully, Potholes and others would provide fishing and camping in a not too rustic environment (usually flush toilets and showers).

http://parks.state.wa.us/233/Park-List

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Ive mentioned it, but...

Wannacut's Sun Cove Resort is a cool place. http://thesuncoveresort.com/index_files/Page561.htm

Spectacle Lake also has a campground. http://www.spectaclelakeresort.com/home.html

Boat rental, easy camping and a restaurant and store.

Lake Chelan, in Manson there are campgrounds on Wapato Lake, 2 campgrounds, and 1 has a small store and boat rentals. Roses Lake is also right down the road. And lots of camping on the big lake and fish for small mouth, rainbow and Kokanee.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yes. Beautiful location, great town nearby, very good fishing next to the campground as well as in many nearby lakes. The owner passed away last year and his family is there doing a terrific job managing the campground and planning for its future. Good folks.
Had a rough winter this year. Not sure if it was a winter kill or something else but WDFW ended up dumping a bunch of small catchables in there at the last minute. Going to be a few years before it rebounds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.